Proposal: Capitalize the DAO with 500K USDC by purchasing FORTH at market price

The Forth DAO is currently in possession of several tokens but is deficient in USDC Ampleforth Dashboard. This proposal requests to capitalize the DAO with 500K USDC by purchasing FORTH at market price.

To price the FORTH we’ll take the 7-day simple moving average price from TradingView looking back from the time of this submission ($3.331 / FORTH).

This USDC can be used by the DAO for many things including DAO-owned forever liquidity.

1 Like

A bit confused on who is purchasing the Forth? And is that entity one that has any interest in the Forth ecosystem, i.e will they participate in Forth proposals/votes?

1 Like

Where is the USDC coming from?

1 Like

In support of this. But there is some confusion, maybe due to wording? Is this to “buy usdc, USING the DAO owned Forth?”…

Im assuming this is the meaning, but yes in favor of this, sounds like it could bring a lot of extra liquidity, but would be interested to discuss specifically which liquidity pairs you have in mind and the economic logic.

1 Like

Agree, we should discuss further on which liquidity pairs are most beneficial. We can move that out to a separate post.

1 Like

@evankuo Can you clarify the proposal on where the funds come from?

1 Like

@danb yes it could be phrased that way. From the DAO’s perspective, it would be purchasing USDC using FORTH.

1 Like

I’m writing this proposal at the service of the Ampleforth foundation. The foundation has offered to purchase FORTH at market price, using USDC.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification Evan. I’ve posted a signal vote here:
https://signal.ampleforth.org/#/proposal/0x054a514cadc4db82cbe79d1ab9a5d6dcef52a02c370abae71872d4841db89ef6

2 Likes

Ampleforth foundation purchasing 500K USDC worth of Forth from the Ampleforth DAO seems like a straightforward transaction. I am in favor of this proposal

2 Likes

Thanks @Pascal, appreciate the support :+1:

1 Like

Will the Ampleforth Foundation participate in voting with the $500k FORTH?

1 Like

An onchain proposal is posted:
https://www.tally.xyz/gov/ampleforth/proposal/24

1 Like