Proposal to burn unclaimed FORTH tokens

Simply looking at the price is not the right idea here. Some proposals are pushing the FORTH to be used to perk up the infrastructure and the development while the price is not zero. Will they dump? If a grant is delivered in parts, they will HAVE to offer something. It’s not free “money”.

On the other hand, FORTH being zero is fine because, presumably, the token is given to those interested in building/governing the ecosystem. So as long as I can use it to vote to govern the DAO and decide the map for AMPL, I am okay with the price going to zero. That is the main point of the FORTH token, I believe.

Will it go to zero? Well, presumably, the building part will probably add value and push the FORTH higher. Is it guaranteed? Probably not, but burning also doesn’t guarantee any price increase either. It might bring it somewhat up, but then it will tumble more. Why? In this case, burning would most likely mean a cash-out quickly scheme. So "I will burn, then dump " will most likely bring the price down anyway.

If you believe in FORTH, you will still hodl no matter what since it gives you the power to vote. You are not incentified to hold FORTH because of the price. Now the question: do you have more voting power because of the burn, and you’re not sharing it? That would probably be the right way to think about FORTH :wink:, but that would be extremely selfish :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think you looked over the part where I said there was foul play during the airdrop and the Ampl team dumped on everyone’s heads.

That’s impossible though, because the FORTH tokens the team and early backers received are on a vesting schedule where 95% don’t even start unlocking until the first year passes.

Early backers are subject to the following lock up schedule: 5% of the early backers pool is unlocked 7 days post launch. The remaining 95% has a one year cliff then linearly unlocks for one year until full unlock is reached after two years.

Quote taken from the following article:

This topic has been done to death, and until someone can produce evidence to support the accusations it’s nothing more than a waste of time.

If you truly believe that the team are out to get you though then why the hell are you still holding FORTH? Just sell and move on.

2 Likes

I don’t want to see any of my liquidity go into these shit projects. The most fair thing to do is burn.