FGP: FORTH Community Grants Program

Hi All - please see my FORTH CGP nomination information below, I’ve been following the conversation and am on board with the decisions made (e.g., foregoing comp, adding ducc, etc).

Ethereum Address: 0x020e3BAB43C5e1bC5116bD13fF0ca012f15D32E3 (or 0xqwow.eth)
Discord Handle: Richy#3753
Twitter Handle: @richy_qiao
Statement of Intention
Hi everyone - for those of you who don’t know me, my name’s Richy - I was the first business hire for Ampleforth, joining the team in late '18/early '19. Prior to Ampleforth, I was a strategy consultant in the financial services and also spent time as an investor at a crypto hf/vc fund. During my time at Ampleforth, I led many of the non-technical initiatives. In late 2021, I transitioned to an advisor role and moved on to coinbase, Even more recently, I’ve joined a CeDeFi startup, Seashell, to lead Strategy + Crypto initiatives.

I joined crypto in late 2017 because I believed in the spirit of decentralization, access and optionality for all. I have also come to value community action as an important heartbeat of any decentralized crypto project. In terms of Ampleforth, I was immediately drawn to it in 2018 because of its roots in economic thought. Ampleforth remains the originator of rebase, the most robust algorithmic “building block” (i.e. longest lifespan) and continues to have a high ceiling within DeFi. I believe the FORTH CGP will go a long way to continuing to unlock this potential and engage the community.

Based on my time and experience in crypto, I hope to act as a “network node” - connecting other projects/communities/individuals and educating others about the program. Also, with my background in investing+operating, I hope to help in evaluating the potential of early stage teams and projects & give them practical operational advice. I take it as a serious sign of belief and responsibility to be in the first CGP cohort, as we may set the tone, culture and direction for others to come. I would like to set a culture around openness and collaboration, as I believe the community should begin taking more and more active steps to be involved in the future of the project.

Cheers

8 Likes