FGP: FORTH Community Grants Program

• Ethereum Address:
    brandoniles.eth (0xb9259aeEdF68948647bE301844174F5E249c2948)

• Discord Handle: Brandon | Ampleforth#3382

• Twitter Handle: @brandoniles

• Statement of Intention

If you don’t know me (hi), I’m one of the authors of the Ampleforth whitepaper and a core dev of the protocol. I’ve been working on the project since when it started in 2018. I associated myself pretty closely with what I call the “first wave of defi”–my interest in the space stemmed originally from my experiences living through the 08 financial crisis, with the idea that perhaps there could be a system that’s somehow safer, more resilient, and more transparent. I believe AMPL is an important building block for this next financial stack. However, for its value to be fully unlocked, it needs a vibrant and diverse supporting ecosystem made from disparate groups. The FGC can be instrumental in further accelerating the development of this surrounding ecosystem.

As a member of the first cohort of the FGC, I plan to offer my technical background for advice to reviewers, to help assess technical feasibility and scope, but to otherwise take a light touch. I want to leave room for those outside the core development team to have a say in the direction of the grants and surrounding ecosystem. I am also happy to make introductions to any interesting groups I meet along the way to help increase the flow of proposals.

2 Likes